Wednesday, March 14, 2018

The Veronika Cardigan


       I'm so happy the sun is out- the snow is receding and longer days spent outdoors are surely just around the corner. Of course I have now jinxed everything! I recently cast off this fun knit after working on it intermittently all winter- Christmas and Birthday knitting took precedent and this lovely was put on the back burner. But just in time for Spring I have the perfect cardigan- the Veronika!

       Knit from Brooklyn Tweed Shelter in Haystack is the Veronika Cardigan- pattern by Very Shannon. I simply love this pattern so much- a fun and easy knit- worked in a single piece and seamed at the end this is a pattern for all abilities! Described as cozy, rustic and effortless this cardi could actually be put in the shawl category but for the simple slit arm openings. This is seriously the most comfortable cardigan I have worn in a long time!


          The pattern was designed with Veronika Jobe of YOTH Yarns in mind- originally the yarn suggested was Daughter. However after seeing this knit up in Brooklyn Tweed I took the plunge and bought myself a sweater's worth of yarn on sunny fall afternoon. What I love about Shelter is it's so light and lofty while still retaining it's shape- it wears nicely under my rain jacket (which is roomy) and still looks good after. While I still need to block my Veronika I think I will be hard pressed to actually take it off long enough to do so!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment- I love hearing from you!