Thursday, June 20, 2013

The Glam Event





        You all may remember reading about this little old blog being nominated for Vancouver Mom Top Blogger about a month ago- I posted a few links and if you are a Face book friend I may have incessantly pestered you for votes. Well last night was the big event- Glam - which was held at Secret Location- yah it's the swanky white and chrome restaurant at the corner of Water and Carrall st in Gastown with no sign.


        So here we all gathered - this years Top 30 and previous years as well- along with our support systems- AKA best friends, cousins, sisters and two husbands. It was such an interesting collection of women- such a wide range of passions and talents- to say it was all a bit overwhelming and hard to take in would be an understatement! I saw so many people that I wanted to talk to yet just did not know what to say- it was really a bit surreal- meeting people for the first time that I feel like I know already through reading their blogs!


        The over all Top Mom Blogger of Vancouver is Mitzi of East Van Baby- she gave a super lovely speech- which I am pretty sure she memorized- kudos for that! The evening also included past participants speaking on their own experience with blogging- Nat Nanton and Jen Kossowan both had inspiring words.


         I am sitting here this morning- looking at the lovely images of time spent with friends- old and new and I am still trying to digest all that transpired- words said- snippets keep coming back to me and buzzing around my head like mosquitos. These lovely ladies below made the evening super fun- Kat Chong and Amber Chong Smith- from the Momma Stuff Blog as well as lovely cousin Laura- thanks gals!





         And cue the grainy interior shots- because a few friends all are dying to know what Secret Location looks like inside! The restaurant is pretty beautiful- if you ever go there be sure to check out the painting in the bathroom- which I neglected to take a picture of! Gorgeous rugs, hip art work and that bar! Shut the front door- it was just beautiful- yes it is glowing!



      At the end of the evening a few of us needed more food and quite frankly I needed another drink so we hit Chill Winston's for a few libations and a meat & cheese plate- which was fantastic! Sitting outside in the warm June evening- surrounded by Gastown's twinkle lights I felt myself start to relax- it was a great way to round out a very fun evening!

       Thank you to everyone who voted for me and my little blog- who knew a year ago when I set out on this journey that anyone other than my Mom would come back here daily to read ramblings of a slightly sewing obsessed stay at home mom! I may not have won Top Blogger- but being part of this and meeting all these super women has been prize enough!

10 comments:

  1. you are cool! Love the pics. Didn't get a chance to meet you, but will follow your blog:) Cheers! Michele. www.greenkick.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it was a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your hair last night! Never got a chance to introduce myself but love this post about the event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know there were so many ladies I would have liked to chatted with last night- did't get to meet everyone!

      Delete
  4. I wish we could do it all again. SO many ladies I didn't get a chance to meet last night. We should do a VM2013 meet-up! I was encouraged that we should start our own page too, Jessica from North Shore mama said it's more intimate than the general page and we can help each other out more personally! It's a thought!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so fun! I agree we should do a VM2013 meet- up - I think the only time I could tell who was one of the 30 was during our group photo! And our own page would be fantastic!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations again...sorry we didn't get a chance to chat...hope to see you IRL again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice to put a real life face to a blog! Thanks for being a friendly face at the door!

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment- I love hearing from you!