Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Knit Wit: The Keaton Hat


        This time six months ago I would not have considered myself a knitter- if only because I didn't really understand patterns and was quite frankly whinging it. To me a knitter was someone who was confident knitting a garment beyond a scarf- and I had yet to really do that. Over the last few months I have tackled a few small woollen projects- mostly hats which I may or may not be completely obsessed with as well as a couple of cowls and a pair of fingerless gloves - to say I have caught the knitting bug is an understatement! While I have set no earth shattering resolutions for myself I am determined to learn how to knit a sweater in 2014- this is my only goal- I feel it is totally doable!

    On my recent trip to A Verb For Keeping Warm I purchased two skeins of Quince & Co Puffin wool for use with this specific pattern- the Keaton Hat from Very Shannon of Luvin the Mommyhood- one of my favourite knitting and sewing blogs. This was my first time knitting with Quince & Co and it did not disappoint- there is a reason this brand is so popular with modern knitters- first off the colourways are fantastic- right on trend. It was such a treat to knit with this yarn- I am sort of hoarding my second skein although the Mr. has expressed interest in a Keaton hat of his own as his birthday treat.

     Working with the Quince & Co yarn it was evident that when using the correct tools for the job you will get the results you are looking for- this was my first knitting project that I followed the directions and it turned out as stated in the pattern. I have the perfect sweater pattern to start on soon- I'm just trying to decide what colour to use- mean while I took the opportunity to clean out the old knitting basket this afternoon. As my Mom would say it was a bit of a "dog's breakfast" in there- although I did find some left over Halloween candy which was a pleasant surprise!


P.S. at this point I officially consider myself a knitter!

1 comment:

Please feel free to leave a comment- I love hearing from you!