Thursday, September 5, 2013

Back To School


        This week The Boy started his career in education- yes he officially started Kindergarten- while I had high hopes of home schooling these Chuckleheads it was not to be- they both decided they wanted to go to school. So last fall we went through the registration process- all Summer I fooled myself into thinking that The Boy would want to stay home and be home schooled- but it when it came right down to the wire- he wanted to try Kindergarten at a school with other kids.


           So on Tuesday- even though he had changed his mind yet again and decided he really wanted to stay home- he got up early and got ready for his first day of Kindy. We went together- all of us as a family- for our short introduction to the teachers, classroom and routine- it was only an hour. Then yesterday he got out of bed and settled into the couch for some cartoons- we had to get him going as The Boy thought Kindergarten was only a one day thing. "What do you mean I have to go back again?" he wondered out loud!

         Away we went at what I feel is an unearthly early hour- over to the school- setting our routine for the year to come. This time Miss Lo and I left him in line with the others and watched him go into the classroom behind his teacher- he did not complain- in fact he did not even look back- he will be fine. Shockingly I think I may be OK as well- I fully anticipated heart break and tears but I'm good- my baby is in Kindergarten- it's an exciting and happy time! I'm sure I will miss him next week when school is in full time- but I have a tea date with friends, plans for a run and Miss Lo starts Preschool- we will find our groove- eventually!


ps- I stand by my wish to home school if only because I really do not like getting up so early in the morning- I need time to hatch! If either of my Littles decides they want to try home schooling I am game!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and
    you're just extremely fantastic. I really like what you've acquired here, certainly like
    what you're saying and the way in which you say it. You
    make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it sensible.
    I can not wait to read much more from you. This is really a tremendous site.


    Visit my website White label SEO services - -

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment- I love hearing from you!