Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Family Favourite: Banana Muffins



        Last night I had a request from my oldest- The Boy wanted muffins for breakfast- on a school day. OK fine- how can I resist that face- he will surely be a charmer when he gets older- so I said yes to homemade muffins on a school day. I have to admit once the idea of a muffin with my coffee got stuck in my head I found it irresistible to resist- so that brings us to this morning-it's cold- it's early and I have a full day ahead of me- yet sitting in my kitchen- warmed by the oven- listening to my coffee gurgle- my to do list seems miles away. There is nothing for me to do right this moment than sit here and smell the delicious aroma wafting out of the oven and listen to the city wake up. Muffins on a school day was an excellent idea!

Super Yummy, Very Easy, Not at all Healthy
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins


3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup butter softened
6 tablespoons ground flax
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups of flour
a dash of salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
3-4 mashed bananas
3/4 cups chocolate chips

- in a mixer blend together butter, sugar, ground flax, vanilla and eggs- mix until creamed
- combine the dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture- blend
- add in mashed bananas
- add in chocolate chips
- mix well

- when everything is fully incorporated into the mixture divide it out into muffin tins- if using a metal muffin tin you must grease it first- fill each cup about 3/4 full.

- bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean. Rest for about 10 minutes- enjoy!

PS ok I lied again- with the addition of a few tablespoons of flax these muffins are a tiny bit healthy- but mostly not at all healthy- just the way 5 year olds like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment- I love hearing from you!