Monday, July 8, 2013

Weekend Adventure: The Sunshine Coast


          Good morning Friends! We have literally just arrived home from our most recent adventure- yes we just walked in the door of our own home after catching the 6:30 am ferry sailing from Langdale on the Sunshine Coast. We arranged a bit of a house swap with some friends of ours - they stayed in our downtown apartment and we stayed in their lovely coastal home in Gibsons B.C.


         The Mr. and I figured out that we haven't been up the coast since before we were married- yes as in over nine years since our last trip to The Sunshine Coast- shocking! We explored the coastal areas from Gibson's right up to Earl's Cove and the world famous Skookumchuk Narrows- we tried to hike to the rapids but our Littles just could not make the entire two hour round trip trek.



         If you go- there are so many fun and interesting things to do on The Sunshine Coast- the southern mainland coastal region of B.C.  Of course hiking of varying difficulty levels, kayaking, paddling the Skookumchuck Narrows- which P.S. if I ever catch either of my children doing I will straight up lock them away forever*- yes ever if they are 25 year old adventurists! For those looking for a much slower and laid back scene there are tonnes of beaches to explore and chill out on, lots of antique/ random shops, Farmer's Markets and of course a visit to Molly's Reach!


        I have always felt so at home up on the Sunshine Coast- ever since my parents took my sister and I there one summer- I love everything about it- the light, the softness, the quiet, the roughness of the land, the power of the wind, the friendliness of the people. Such a contrast of elements making the air purely magical- of course it helps that every single time we have visited we have experienced spectacular weather!
       

         There was just so much to see and do and I know we only experienced a fraction of it- the Littles can't wait to get back to Mike's Place for some more ice cream- oh my lanta we ate so much ice cream! I would really like to explore Sechelt a little more and I know there was a collectibles and comic shop that The Mr. is pretty keen to check out on our next visit. We all agree though that we can't wait to get back and explore more beaches!


         Gibsons is only a 40 minute ferry ride from Horseshoe bay and the city of Vancouver but it feels like it is miles and miles away. The laid back pace and peaceful surroundings are enough to immediately put anyone into a vacation mind set. I was so lucky to be able to spend time in artist Amelia Epp's home and studio space- so refreshing and creatively re-charging to look at life through another person's eyes- thank you so much for sharing your space with us!


* OK I would never actually lock my children up- even if they are doing dangerous and life risking activities like river kayaking on the world's fastest tidal rapids!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment- I love hearing from you!