Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Craft Camp: Print Making



       Last night I had the pleasure of teaching my screen and block printing textile class in my hometown of Peachland- the best part was a few of my oldest and dearest friends were in attendance! With the lake as our back drop we stayed up way too late making things, chatting and laughing as if no time had passed at all.


         I love seeing what participants in my class have in mind to print- everyone comes up with such varied images that are totally indicative of their personalities! The above little bird comes with a charming story- after being spotted as a window decal on a car in Oregon my friend Lisa snapped a picture- which she pulled out six months later and turned into a lovely little block- which she printed on a bunch of note cards. So cute! 







        My friend Amy has always been a Coca Cola fanatic- yes fanatic is the correct word since she is obsessed! So she came up with these clever "soda" bottles with the Coca Cola logo in the back ground- so graphic and totally custom to her taste. For sure these tea towels are one of a kind!


         The evening was just so much fun- the warm Okanagan breeze, the full moon over the lake and some of the funniest ladies I know! I love these gatherings- the coming together of friends- new and old- the learning of a new skill and the resulting camaraderie that is created where ever women gather and make things. These girls have long been a part of my Tribe- they know all my stories and we can finish each other's sentences and I was ever so pleased to be able to teach them a new skill!


        I will be running my class again in August- the date has yet to be determined but it will be guaranteed a good time! In addition to the actual classes I am hosting an open studio August 11 - $15.00 gets you three hours of studio time and my brain to pick! Bring your own supplies or purchase screens, inks and block printing supplies from me on the day of. Taking the screen and block printing class is a prerequisite of the open studio which I am hoping to hold on a regular basis- so if you miss August there is always September!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment- I love hearing from you!