Friday, October 12, 2012

In My Kitchen

     Family traditions come in all shapes and forms- one of our favourites as well as tastiest is Friday pizza night! Some families order in- we do too occasionally- like when I discover I am out of flour (!) but more often than not we open our fridge and see what suitable pizza toppings are lurking in it's depths.  I have been using this recipe for years- it comes to me from one of my oldest friends- Michelle. Super easy and no fail- it is whats for dinner tonight!

 Yeast:

1/2 cup luke warm water
1 tsp sugar
1 pack of traditional yeast

Mix Together:

1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
1/2 cup luke warm water
1 tsp salt
* at this point you can also add any extras like Parmesan, chili flakes, basil, oregano

** Put proofed ( puffy) yeast in above mixture with 1 1/4 cups flour. Add another 1-1 1/2 cups of flour until the dough is formed. Let rise 30-45 min. Roll out on an oiled pizza or cookie pan- add favourite toppings. Bake in 400 degree oven 25-30 min.

























   Everyone has their own favourite pizza topping combinations- some of our favourites are mushrooms, goat cheese and chicken.  Very popular with The Littles is ham, cheese and zucchini. It is my experience that when using moisture laden veggies as pizza toppings putting them on top of the cheese works best- no one likes soggy pizza!

    Weather you are making pizza or not tonight I hope you have a Happy Friday! This weekend will be full of more adventures for us even if the weather has turned a bit drizzly-  and I hope the same for you may you have warm dry boots and an umbrella to stand under!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment- I love hearing from you!