Friday, October 26, 2012

Calm Before the Storm


     Yesterday was the perfect day- crisp and cool but still warm enough, not to mention dry enough, to sit outside watching the Littles play while enjoying a latte. We walked the Sea Wall over to Olympic Village and pretty much had the place to ourselves. Snacks under the giant bird and then races along the benches- simple in the sunshine

   
    As with any fair day in Vancouver I was again struck by what an amazing place we live in- a few weeks of rain will help a person remember how beautiful their city actually is when not seen from under the brim of an umbrella! I feel yesterday was the calm before the storm- we will have a handful of sunny days over the next few months it is true- but I feel maybe yesterday was a final fair well to our all to brief summer. So while we were soaking it all in I captured as much of it as possible- there aren't really any words more necessary.







    It's Friday friends- boy did that week ever feel long! I think this weekend we are going to just chill out- my friend Lisa from Draw Me a Lion is going to be at Collage Collage 621 Kingsway this Sunday at 3pm-5pm to launch her new colouring mask book- if you are local be sure to check it out! I hope that where ever you are and whatever you are doing this weekend you sneak a handful of candy from that box stored above the fridge- you deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment- I love hearing from you!