Friday, December 11, 2015

More Wee Knits for Small Beings


         As I mentioned part of whats kept me away from the Interwebs is all the making I have been doing lately. One wee little bit of knitting is for another small being that has only recently arrived into our family. This tiny little bit of wool is headed back East to Toronto and I can't help but be a little bit jelouse. I will totally admit that I miss those tiny newborn days! When my nearly eight year old measures his stinky feet next to mine and I see they are almost the same size- I miss those newborn days! When my sassy little monkey rolls her big brown eyes at me- I miss those newborn days!

       It is of great interest to me- as an emerging knitter- all the things I learned with this tiny vest. I think I can now safely say I know how to not knit button holes- my knitted buttons holes are almost atrocious as my sewn button holes- but continue on I shall! One success I will mention is the mastering of the Kitchener jointing stitch- hooray for the Kitchener stitch! And hoary for You Tube!

     So the real details of this tiny vest are quite simple- I found a free pattern online at the Thrifty Knitter. I found the instructions super easy to follow- this tiny garment was onto and off of the needles in a matter of days! The wool came to me from my Mum- so I'm not sure what it is beyond being wool that "cost a lot" for a sweater she never finished- I was more than happy to take it off of her hands and it was a delight to knit up!

     Overall I am totally content with this wee vest destined for a wee man across the country who was named after my Great Grandfather the shoemaker with the heart of a poet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment- I love hearing from you!