Thursday, September 11, 2014

Thrifted Thursday


           Today's Thrifted Thursday is a little bit thrifted and a little bit crafty- truly the best of both worlds- made all the better because it came in the guise as a gift from a dear friend. I have been meaning to write about this for quite some time but honestly so much has happened this summer that I just haven't had the time to write about yet! At the end of July we were paid a visit from my dear friend Sarah- who incidentally wrote a guest post for me last summer which can be read here- she and her family were visiting from Wisconsin. Sarah truly is one of my kindred souls- we bonded in University over beer and thrifting- some things really never change!


          So anyways Sarah and her sweet family stayed with us for a few days and of course she and I both had a few gifties for each other- I almost died laughing when we essentially exchanged wool! Into my yarn stash went this dreamy, soft neutral skien- from a local Wisconsin mill- Blackberry Ridge- the perfect base for one of my natural dyes. Along with this yummy little treat was this wee maroon satchel- purse to you non fashion types! I used this diminutive little bag only a handful of times before my little Miss declared it perfect to tote around her treasures- so I feel I may never get to use this bag again- shades of things to come!


         In other news as much as I am desperately trying to hang onto these final gentle days of summer I can see and feel fall creeping in. The mornings now hold a crispness that simply wasn't there last week- soon it will be boot and sweater weather. The nights come quickly now and the beach toys have all been packed away- I'm reassessing our rain gear- patching jeans- starting to think about soups and baking bread again. The Littles are still out of school- which feels a bit strange and yet totally right- their nature collection is growing daily as we wander and explore our way through our city- easing out of our summer skin and on into fall.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment- I love hearing from you!