Friday, December 13, 2013

Simple Shopping Guide


         As much as I love to make gifts for giving I will be doing a small amount of shopping this holiday season- I'm keeping it local and visiting a few of my favourite haunts in and around Vancouver. Picking out special treasures by some of my favourite artists and makers- lots of yummy goodies to eat and pretty things to look at! With so many craft markets and events going on I thought I would give you my pick of the local pack- this is where I will be doing my shopping- and it's happening this weekend!

1. Rebecca Chaperon's Eerie Dearies is now available in person- check out Rebecca's web site for ordering details- I have been drooling over this project for months now and am so happy to finally be getting my hands on a copy- just in time for Holiday giving! Eerie Dearies is a collection of ABC illustrations bound together in a wonderful coffee table book.

Also perfect for giving are any number of Rebecca's original mini iceberg water colours- each more special than the last- it can be hard to pick just one!


 2. Shiny Fuzzy Muddy- the awesome collective of artists that make up Shiny Fuzzy Muddy are celebrating their 10th anniversary this year with yet another stellar line up at their show this weekend- Dec 14 & 15-located at Heritage Hall on Main street this show is really filled with vendors on the who's who of design in British Columbia. A few of my favourites are Cathy Terepocki- amazing graphic ceramics, Astrosatchel- vinyl totes and Dear Pony- loads of beautiful goods for the house and body!

     I am quite sure shopping the Shiny Fuzzy Muddy show will be an exercises in "one for you one for me"- I do tend to buy Christmas gifts for myself to put under the tree! The hours of this sale are very generous- Saturday 11- 9pm and Sunday 10-7pm- admission is free!

3. Le Marche St George- Winter Pop Up Shop- located in the garage beside the cafe and store this is a collection of carefully curated home goods and clothing from the folks with impeccable style- also available are a collection of my favourite ceramics from Janaki Larsen. The Pop Up Shop is open on weekends as well as by appointment during the week. Head on in for a look at some of the most beautiful linens and wovens for the home before heading into the cafe for a latte and the latest issue of Kinfolk!

4. The Steveston Winter Market- Perhaps I am a tad biased but I am really excited about this Farmer's Market- you know since I will be there with a table full of Plain Jane paper and home goods! While I am busy with my wares the Mr. and Little will be stocking up on all sorts of market goodies for our own celebrations as well as to give as gifts. The Winter Market is located at the Gulf of Georgia Cannery and is open from 10- 3 pm on Sunday Dec 15- hope to see you there!


5. Community Thrift and Vintage- 311 Carrall street- this is my all time favourite go to vintage store- Community carries such an array of beautiful vintage finds as well as plenty of great items for the home- stop in to check out their collection of vintage Bay blankets or pick up a stunning outfit for New Years Eve!


        Friends it is Friday- I know I am posting exceptionally late today but only because we were in the Emergency Room with a bad case of the croup last night- I thought The Boy was having an asthma attack but it was the croup- now that we know what it is I feel better prepared to deal with it- he is fine and recovered with a full stack of pancakes this morning! I think last night was a good reminder for our family to keep things simple this Holiday season- our weekend will be filled with only the most essential of errands and events- the rest will be spent playing! Wishing you the happiest of Fridays dear Friends- I am now off to have my third latte of the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment- I love hearing from you!