Monday, December 16, 2013

Market Missive


        Good Morning! As many of you know and are wondering about (Mom) this past weekend marked my foray into the Farmers Market scene. I know I had claimed to be finished with markets for the Holiday season but when the opportunity to participate in the Steveston Farmers and Artisans Market arose it was just too good to pass up- I jumped at it- and I am so glad I did! This may have been my first market as a vendor but I like to consider myself a bit of a Farmer's Market connoisseur- having visited a fair amount all over this fair province I feel I have an eye for a good market- and this was a good one!


          Located in the historic Gulf of Georgia Cannery the Steveston winter market provided a really good balance of locally made and grown goods- folks like The Sharing Farm were on hand with yummy honey and garlic along side home made Christmas decorations and adorable hair accessories for the kiddos. I spotted my favourite bread sellers- Uprising Breads- and their shelves were empty by the end of day! Swag bags as well as a craft corner were all set up for the Littles that came out with their families- and I noticed that pretty much ever vendor was handing out candy canes- our kids thought it was the best thing ever! Crafts and candy- they were in heaven!


           The afternoon was rounded out with a real treat- the Richmond Delta Youth Orchestra playing some real Holiday classics- the live music was a really nice touch that added to the over all festive atmosphere! The Steveston Farmers and Artisans Market runs through out the year- after a bit f a break in January the market resumes February 9- check the website for dates. I can't wait to do this market again- I had such a good time and everyone from organizers to vendors to shoppers were so friendly! The only issue I have with being a vendor is that I was busy behind my table and didn't get to do much shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment- I love hearing from you!