Wednesday, December 11, 2013

December Studio Update- and A Bunch of Mushy Thank Yous!


         Life seems to be flying by ever so fast these days- I can feel the days until Christmas slipping by- I blink and somehow my day is done! Yesterday I took a Momma time out- time for coffee with a dear friend in the snow at one of the most charming places in Vancouver- Le Marche St. George- which was made all the more charming by the quiet of the falling snow. Some days I need to just leave the dishes and laundry- walk out the door and have someone else make me a beautiful latte!

       So many exciting things have been happening in the studio these past few weeks- I am ever so happy to announce that my hand embroidered pillows can be found at a super cool little record store- Dandelion Emporium on Main Street! I am very proud of this last batch of pillows- the images that are appearing on the linen- arrows, whales, anchors- oh so good!


         I have also been doing some fun crafting this past week- while it is widely known that I am not a fan of wrapping gifts- I really do enjoy making tags- I love the little embellishments that make gifts special- fresh sprigs of pine, sea shells, stamps, twigs- all things natural and vintage often make an appearance on gifts that I am giving.  When combined with natural Kraft tags the most simple of elements really pop- these are almost as good as giving cards! I encourage you all the search around for some scraps and ephemera and a glue stick- see what sort of personalized tags you can create!


        For my charming friends who don't wish to make their own tags I do have a new selection of charming tags and gift wrap going into the shop today- packages of six or more assorted tags and stickers are the perfect thing for the finishing touch on a special package! These will also all be available at the Steveston Farmer's Market this coming Sunday and the Gulf of Georgia- which I am ever so pleased to be a part of!


          We all know by now my passion for Farmer's Markets- I strongly believe in the community that springs up around such events- supporting local food producers and artisans. The Steveston Market is held in a building that is a 118 years old- and a national historic site- most days the public is charged admission to enter- on market days they rely on admission by donation. Plain Jane will have lots of last minute items on anyone's list- tea towels, pillows, zipper totes- in addition to screen printed gift bags and tags! I will be there 10am- 3 pm- if you happen to be in the neighbourhood stop on by to say Hi!

          While all custom orders are now closed- if you are local and like anything you see here or in the Facebook and Etsy shops please just drop me a line- local pick up is available until December 21. This year has been fantastic for me in the studio- I really only have you- all my friends and supporters to Thank! With out you I would not still be out there doing markets and pushing myself to create- Thank You all for your support- monetary and emotional! A big huge Thank You and many, many hugs go out to this amazing community I have found online- I am constantly surprised and humbled by folks who read what I have to say! Thank You Friends!

PS- a specific Thank You at Alison for putting up with my constant requests to take pictures of me- like above!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment- I love hearing from you!