Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Wednesday Studio Update


       My studio space has been hopping this past week- I am gearing up for this weekend's Fall Into Craft- which is being put on by Great Canadian Craft. This is the first craft market I have done in a few years and I am more than a bit nervous- I have decided though that an open mind and a positive attitude will take me far - I am going to have fun regardless of sales!


     In other news I am so pleased to share that Plain Jane Home Goods as well as cards can be found in Courtney B.C. at be Clothing- a super cute little shop on Vancouver Island. I love the philosophy of be Clothing- everything is Canadian made by independent Canadian designers- check out their web site and blog! I am honored to be counted amongst such stellar Canadian talent- really you need to check out the blog- or even better if you are up island the shop it's self! I'm thinking road trip!


      In my own shop- Plain Jane Designs- I have a whole batch of bright new zipper pouches- just in time for the market this weekend- zipper pouches are $28 each and come a range of prints. I also have a few new tea towel designs out- 100% cotton- hand printed in my studio- AKA my kitchen table- $13 each. At the Fall Into Craft event you can find exclusive Plain Jane items like felt bird pins, postcards and new note books- made just for the market!



       This past couple of weeks my family has existed on eggs and had picnics because Momma has taken over the kitchen table- I am so lucky to have such understanding people in my life! If you happen to be out in Cloverdale this weekend please swing by the Agriplex- the Fall Into Craft market is open 11- 5- I would love it if you stop by my table and say Hello!

P.S.- if you are local to downtown Vancouver and want a free pair of tickets please let me know- I have one set to spare! First comment gets them!

9 comments:

  1. Those tea towels are gorgeous and so natural looking! I love em!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolyn! While I do love the cotton tea towels I think my favourite are the linen ones in my shop- linen takes much less water and pesticides to grow plus the super long fibres makes linen much longer lasting- the cotton is a nice option though!

      Delete
  2. I love the zipper pouch, so beautiful! I really admire people who are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big fan of your pouches and screen prints. Cute city.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try- the cuter the better in my opinion;) Thank You!

      Delete
  4. You are so talented - that zipper puch is gorgeous! If you still have tickets available I would love to come out and see all the crafty goodness! You know where to find me:)

    Raj
    Pink Chai Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Raj! I do have a set of tickets still available- I will arrange to leave them at the door for you- I will FB you with details as soon as its arranged!

      Delete
  5. ive been noticing your work on instagram, i love how bold yet simple the patters are. i think you need to get into some baby clothes and nursery stuff...nice and neutral, no blues/greens/yellows/pinks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! I do lots of custom orders for baby clothes- as well have some posted on my Etsy site- I would love it if you took a look! I am plainjane34 on etsy- or you can link to my etsy shop through the side bar of my blog!

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment- I love hearing from you!