Friday, September 13, 2013

Simple Family Friday


         This time last week was my first Simple Family Friday- I shared how we keep our diet as well as our grocery shopping simple- or we at least try anyways. Food does not need to be complicated but often becomes so- we try and eat whole food from scratch. I had several requests to share my meal planning here- everyone can always use a fresh perspective on what's for dinner! So today I present our meal plan for the week of September 15- September 21.

Sunday September 15

Roasted Chicken- we always get a big one so we have leftovers
New potatoes
Roasted Carrots
Sliced Cucumber

Monday September 16

leftover chicken in wraps- fajita style
sliced veggies- throw in any leftover carrots
salsa
yogurt for dipping

Tuesday September 17

Quinoa penne with meat sauce
garden salad for adults
sliced cucumber & peppers for kids

Wednesday September 18

Pork Kabobs- marinated pork cubes
cubed veggies-mushrooms, zucchini and peppers
sliced cucumbers for the kids

Thursday September 19

Lentil Soup
homemade biscuits 
garden salad for adults

Friday September 20

pizza night!
homemade pizza- recipe here
toppings- ham, pineapple, peppers, zucchini,black olives
mozzarella, feta

Saturday September 21

Sausages- from the Farmer's Market
red cabbage, apple and bacon hash
sliced cucumber and pepper for the kids


       For our other meals- breakfast and lunch we again keep things pretty simple- most days we all have giant smoothies for breakfast- they are fast and easy and the kids like to help make them. Lunches are leftovers for us all in some form- just packaged into lunch form- occasionally I will send a sandwich. If you wish to share any great simple meal ideas please do so in the comments! Like y'all I am always looking for new meal ideas- easy food that came be served in a pinch.

      Friends it is Friday again- by the time you are reading this I will be over at Opus Framing and Art Supplies shooting a "How To" video on block printing- I can't wait to share it with you all! If you are a local and are looking for something to do this weekend you can find me in Cloverdale at the Agriplex for the Fall Into Craft market- come on out and say Hi- I would love to see you in real life! Happy Friday Friends!

3 comments:

  1. That's really great. I've been needing to meal plan for ages but it seems so daunting. You make it seem doable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like most things the trick is to just sit down and do it- I like to see what I already have on hand in the pantry or freezer and plan from there!

      Delete
  2. It's а shаme you dοn't have a donatе button!

    I'd most certaіnly donatе to this еxcеllеnt blog!
    I ѕuppoѕe for nоω i'll sеttle forr
    bоoκmarking and aԁdіng your RSS feеd to mmy Goоglе acсount.

    ӏ loοk forwаrd tο brand new updates and wjll talk about thіs blog wіth my Facebook grοup.
    Chаt ѕoon!

    mу website ... plastic wіnе glasses chеap ()

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment- I love hearing from you!