Monday, March 11, 2013

Signs of Spring


      Signs of Spring are popping up everywhere in our beautiful city- and this weekend was so sunny we enjoyed every second we could outside! The Littles were spoiled rotten with lots of love, hugs and candy from their Oma who came to stay with us- they loved every second and did not want her to go home! All this sunshine and love over the weekend has filled up my happy cup till it runeth over- fortifying us all for the coming week.


       A wander through Stanley Park yielded delicate Snowdrops and Crocuses coming into bloom in sunny little hollows- the Daffodils and Tulips are still getting ready for the really big show in the coming weeks. Snowdrops are one of my favourite flowers- reminding me of when I was a Little myself- time spent in the forest building forts and nests.


       The ducklings are not hatching yet- usually we see chicks around Easter- so I would imagine next week we should see flotillas of floating yellow puff balls following their mommas! Meanwhile the Littles had a fun time feeding those completely domesticated ducks at Lost Lagoon in Stanley Park.




      Nothing says Spring like shedding the rain coats and swinging on the swings- letting the cool breeze hit you in the face as you go higher and higher- the swings are most definitely Miss Lo's favourite part of the park. For me the first day it is warm enough to take off your socks and shoes- letting your toes bury into the warm then cool sand is the true harbinger of the changing of season- my favourite part of the park!


      Sandcastles, Snowdrops, bare feet, swings- shedding of layers including the gloom that can hang around during those endless days of rain- yup Spring is on it's way! While these sunny days are few and far between I just keep reminding myself that all the rain is making things grow again- making our city green. As my Mom says "just put a knot in the end of your rope and hang on" - with days like this- a full day of warm sunshine it is much easier to hang on- warmers days are on their way!


PS- sorry I am a tad late posting today- the true start of Spring- Daylight Saving Time- has me running an hour behind this morning- oh time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment- I love hearing from you!