Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Crochet Queen





   There is nothing I love more than a handmade gift- weather you make it yourself or purchase it from a local artist. I love the thought, sentiment and time that goes into a handmade gift- the fact that a person spent their time making something for me- you can't put a price tag on that.  And if you purchase locally made goods well that is a whole other ball of wax because when you support an artisan you directly support a life- it is a beautiful thing!


    So when at Christmas we stared opening gifts I was beyond excited to see so many handmade goodies- particularly from our very talented niece Kayla who has taught herself to crochet this year. If you have been paying close attention here to the photos in this space you may have noticed the Littles sporting new winter hats- they haven't left the house with out one of Kayla's hats since Christmas eve!























   
Ever the lucky aunt I received these two adorable and functional headbands which are perfect for a gal like me who likes to wear her hair up high! I love these things! I also received a clever little tote bag which- as it turns out- is perfect for my camera.

    You might be wondering what the point of this post is- well the point is that soon goodies like these- for they are all certainly one of a kind- will be for sale on Kayla's own Etsy site! So exciting! Keep your eyes peeled to this space for shop updates and announcements- like the grand opening!

























    I always get so excited for friends when they are starting out on a new project and while I find it difficult to promote my own work it is the easiest thing ever to promote the work of others that I like. Not only do I like these lovely crochet goodies but I also admire the spirit of my niece who has found something creative that she likes to do- and she is really good at it! What a great way to start a new year!

2 comments:

  1. I've just stumbled upon your site, and I must say, those are all fantastic. I especially love the headbands. I'll be following your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment- I love hearing from you!