Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Wedded Bliss Wednesday!

the beautiful bride with her mom and dad
      Yes this is another post about another beautiful wedding we were fortunate to have been a part of. Our niece Kayla was married to her guy Waylon this past Saturday in Oyama B.C. Located right in the middle of two lakes surrounded by orchards on a scorching hot Okanagan day they could not have asked for a more perfect setting!

 almost ready to head out- the tall blond is my other beautiful niece Tanya
       We have so many emotions surrounding Kayla who is now known as Mrs. Roy it is hard to get them all down- and most definitely you would not have caught the Mr. or I at the microphone during the reception as we would both have been blubbering fools! What I can tell you for sure is that I have watched Kayla grow from an excitable tom boy with braces and a confusing yet surprising fashion sense into a poised young woman who knows what she wants. She is smart, stronger than she knows and to top it all off beautiful. Kayla this is what we would have said to you if we could  have gotten the words out!


     The Mr. and I were so excited when Kayla asked The Boy and Miss Lo to be part of the wedding party- especially since The Boy would get to rock his lederhosen! The Mr. was the ring bearer in his big sister's wedding and so for The Boy to have this part in his cousin's wedding was a bit of a full circle family moment. The little's did a very good job although Miss Lo may have used her flowers as a soccer ball at one point in the day!

       I was welcomed into this family ten years ago and I could only sit and watch in wonder at my Sister and Brother in Law as they parented these two pre-teen girls. This was one of the tightest family units I had ever seen- and they truly loved being together! I remember thinking that I wanted to have a family like this- I wanted my kids to want to hang out with me! This tight family unit is even more evident today with two amazing grown girls as evidence!


    After a long day out in the blazing Okanagan sun we hit the beach to cool off before the reception- ice cream treats and a dip in the lake. Then some how these littles of ours partied until the wee hours of the morning- dancing up a storm with who ever they could find! This wedding day of Kayla and Waylon is one we will not soon forget- we are so blessed to have been a part of it- Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment- I love hearing from you!