Thursday, August 23, 2012

Thrifted Thursday




   This is the wall above our bed- above it is what I refer to as our Family Gallery- a collection of random mis- matched frames filled with the faces of our not- so- wee- any more- babes! I can not lie- I love to wake up in the morning and see these little faces beaming down on us- I think this is the best art we could possibly have above our bed. I have been looking to expand - adding in a few newer portraits of the Littles and  to re-organize the entire wall. I'm thinking the re-vamp will take place when the weather is a bit more dismal and I'm not daily at the water park but I am always on the look out for frames to add to my collection.



   Last week found me visiting with an old friend- she herself is not old it's just that we have known each other for quite a while- anyways this friend of mine has quite the enviable stash of vintage frames. Apparently she was looking to part with a few because much to my Mr.'s dismay when he came to pick me up I had an arm load of new- to- me frames! These will be perfect for the re-vamp of my Family Gallery wall- although at this point I have yet to decide if I will spray paint the frames different colours or if they will remain as is.


    I have a bit of a frame problem- I used to work in a framing and art supply shop- I was constantly debating what frames "could be made into mirrors"- yah I'm a freak I know. I really do think though that sprayed out cloud white or shrimp pink this big frame would make a great mirror! Stay posted for the big reveal with these frames- I will eventually make up my mind!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so with you Sharilyn. Frames are very addicting. They just make walls and the things inside them look pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true Caitlin! I rarely find a frame I can pass up- help I need more room!

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment- I love hearing from you!