Friday, May 25, 2018

These Days


       I haven't written a "These Days" post in so very long. First of all my kids- who I used to refer to as "Littles" are not so little any more and along with age comes a desire for privacy. Also I just felt a lot of what we were doing wasn't too interesting to most people- I mean do you want to hear about swimming lessons and gymnastics? So anyways I haven't written about the biggest part of my life in over two years and I really miss it!

       These days you will find us doing the daily grind- after school sports- home reading- friends in one door and out the other- life is a constant whirl around here these days. My kids are turning into interesting people- ones that have interests in stuff like computer coding and baking- they know about things like the science behind why some people here Yanni and some people hear Lauren- like they had to explain the phenomenon to me! They are curious little creatures.


          Needless to say with all the activities (and we are far less scheduled than most families with kids our age) we miss the slow quiet days of when they were young. Last weekend when we all piled into the car and headed to the ocean they started to talk and we all started to reconnect. The Boy made our very eclectic mixed CD- tunes ranged from Fleetwood Mac to Justin Timberlake. The Girl told funny and really weird stories. It was nice to all be in one place with no other distractions besides someone randomly yelling out "COW" as we drove past farms. 

       So these days we are parent's to big kids- the struggle is still as real and hard as when they were little but the demands are different. Less physical and more emotional. When I look back on the days when I first started writing this blog the hours seemed just so long and the days were so very hard. Now the days can still be hard but they fly by just so fast. From babies to complex young people in the blink of an eye!

P.s- they agreed to this post
P.s.s- not their beer bottles (does this need to be said? Someone will surly comment!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment- I love hearing from you!