Monday, December 22, 2014

On Our Way!


        Hi all- fist of all I should give apologies for going MIA right in the middle of peak blogging season- it seems everywhere I look on the old inter webs I see adorable children posing in front of perfect trees- perfectly sorted craft projects and beautiful dinners. My reality these days is that I would rather be creating these memories not documenting them- I have perfectly adorable children- as is evidence in 98% of my blog posts- and I have been enjoying our time together this past week. I'm just putting the camera down and being very present in our moments- savouring it all and watching in wonder at these small beings I made.

     It's so strange this year- with the mild temperatures it really feels like anything but Christmas this year -yet as you read this we are indeed on our way to the Okanagan for our Holiday festivities with friends and family. I feel like we have every single item of winter outdoor gear locked and loaded- we are ready for any fun that will surely come our way! I'm so looking forward to laying my eyes on the hills as we come down off the highway- a sure sign that home is close by- seeing the twinkling lights of Peachland and the lake that lays at it's feet. While my wee family has been back and forth over the mountains I have not been home since the summer- I miss my home- my heart- the lake.

       This year feels a bit more pared back- a simpler Holiday season in comparison to years past- all my hours working has really brought into focus what is important to me this year- bringing into focus the balance I'm so desperate to establish. I feel like my world has shrunk to a few small city blocks- spending my time in December shuttling between the school- home and work- I am ready to stretch my legs and have an adventure- it's long over due! As the light starts to return and the days grow longer I am excited by thoughts of new beginnings- growth- light an so much love!


2 comments:

  1. It's been nice to "meet" you this year, Sharilyn. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas in the Okanagan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa it's been so nice to "meet" you as well! Merry Christmas from all of us!

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment- I love hearing from you!