Thursday, July 16, 2015

Thrifted Thursday


          This Summer I am trying my best to really curb my thrifting- I am trying to consciously consume only what I need. I've found that it is so easy to be swept away by the thought of a gem passing through one's fingers- when in reality if you don't find that gem to be useful then there is no point. So it is with this in mind that I have focused on creating a wardrobe that is useful and loved- which means garments being worn and used.

         One of my current go- to pieces is this yummy off white gauze dress- picked up for a song because of some minor imperfections- just wonky enough to not be a top quality vintage piece. I love it and have been wearing the heck out of it during this heat wave! This piece embodies everything I love- that throwback to Victorian style- all be it Victorian night ware perhaps! This dress is meant for adventuring and that is just what I have been doing while wearing it! Adventure is out there!


2 comments:

  1. Sharilyn, what a gorgeous dress! I can see why you would get a lot of wear out of it during this hot summer! You are a thrifting queen - you find such great things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I had my thrifting fairy godmother sitting on my shoulder for this one!

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment- I love hearing from you!